So you have done some basic soil tests and now want to improve your soil. You need to make compost, but how to go about doing that? Join Graham Chapman at the Gympie Community Garden as he teaches us how to make a three-bay compost system, and hot compost, using freely available resources. This is a hands-on workshop. Participants get to build the three-bay compost structure and make good hot compost.
You will learn
- How big the bays should be
- Where to put them
- The difference between cold and hot compost
- How to layer your compost
- How much water is required
- What composting materials to use
- How to know when your compost is ready
- How much compost to spread on your soil
To book click here
Please wear sturdy closed shoes and bring your own chair, hat, gloves, water, and a plate to share for morning tea. It would also be great if you could BYO compostable material (not meat or cheese) and a steel garden rake if you have one.
We look forward to welcoming you to our community garden!